The holiday season can take a toll on the body in more ways than one. Running around for last minute shopping, eating more seasonal foods and the increasingly colder weather often have a negative impact on health and wellness.
These issues include dry, cracked skin caused by wind and cooler temperatures, weight gain caused by overeating and a tired appearance because of lack of sleep.
Plastic surgery can help alleviate some of these issues. By undergoing either invasive or noninvasive procedures, patients can take back control of their appearances and their body. Some of these changes can include chemical peel treatments, facelifts, dermal fillers and liposuction. By noting a change in the body, patients can take charge to reverse it.
In addition to more Millennials undergoing procedures, older patients are choosing to make a change as well.
In addition to more Millennials undergoing procedures, older patients are choosing to make a change as well. According to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, more than 1 million surgical and nonsurgical treatments were performed on those 65 and older during 2014. Over the past five years, this number has grown by 63 percent, and by nearly 320 percent in the past 15.
No matter your age, plastic surgery may be the right choice for you. There are many important factors to consider before plastic surgery is decided upon.
Some of the most important questions to ask your surgeon before the procedure begins or is decided upon include:
- Can I see some of the before and after photos of surgeries you have performed before?
- How often have you performed the procedure? What is the rate of patient satisfaction or any complications that arose?
- On a personal level, am I a good candidate for the procedure based on my desires, medical history and current health?
- What are some of the most common risks or complications associated with this procedure?
- What is the actual process of undergoing a plastic surgery procedure?
Don't let the holidays take hold of your life, especially when they're over and done with. Consider scheduling a consultation today to learn more about your options.