Rhinoplasty (better known as a nose job) is a surgical procedure used to reshape and enhance your nose, bringing symmetry and proportion to your face. A rhinoplasty is not only used to correct aesthetic concerns, but also to repair functional issues, such as breathing problems or damage due to injury.
At Marotta Plastic Surgery Specialists, we understand that your quality of life can be negatively affected by your nose – whether it causes you to be self-conscious about its size or shape, or whether you suffer from symptoms due to injury or defects.
However if you’ve been considering rhinoplasty surgery, you may be wondering if now is the time to schedule it, and why? Read on to discover if you are a candidate for rhinoplasty, and why summer can be the optimal time to undergo the procedure.
Are You a Candidate for Rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty is usually recommended if you are uncomfortable with the appearance of your nose because of a congenital deformity or asymmetry, as well as to address damage following an injury. It is also used to alleviate symptoms due to functional problems, such as snoring or difficulty breathing. Common concerns that rhinoplasty can correct include:
- A nose that appears too large in proportion to the rest of your face
- A nose that is flat or overly wide
- An upturned, hooked or bulbous nose
- A crooked nasal bridge, often due to injury
- Dents or bumps on the bridge of the nose
- Asymmetrical or enlarged nostrils
- Deviated septum, causing impaired breathing and airway obstruction
In the U.S. alone, almost 150,000 rhinoplasty procedures were performed in 2016, so you can rest assured that you are not the only one concerned with the appearance of their nose. Once you’ve made the decision to get surgery, why wait? Summer can be the perfect time for rhinoplasty surgery.
Why in the Summer
When you decide to schedule your rhinoplasty in the summer, you can take advantage of all the benefits that a few months off of school or work can do to help change your appearance without anyone noticing that you’ve “had work done.” Some advantages include:
- Easier to Schedule – Because people tend to vacation more during the summer, most companies tend to be a bit slower, allowing you to take time off from your job to recover after your rhinoplasty surgery without getting behind on your work. The same goes for students – with no school for a few months, summer can be the optimal time for surgery.
- Ample Time for Recovery – For the first couple of weeks after your surgery, you will most likely experience significant swelling and bruising. These will gradually subside, and you will be able to see the results of your beautifully enhanced nose as it settles into place. You may have minor swelling for up to a year after your surgery, but for the most part, you will have a fantastic new profile to show off.
- New Beginnings – For many people, summer is the gateway to a new beginning. High school students who spent years getting teased about their nose are getting ready to start college with a whole new group of people. Getting rhinoplasty before you go off to start the exciting next phase of your life can be a great confidence boost. Undergoing your surgery in the summer will give you plenty of time to recuperate and you can start school in the fall with renewed self-esteem and a gorgeous new look.
When a rhinoplasty is performed by a skilled, experienced surgeon like Dr. Marotta, the results will be dramatic, but subtle. People will notice that there is something different about you, but will most likely not be able to tell that you’ve had surgery – and that is the mark of a successful procedure. Dr. Marotta excels at providing the best possible results, while keeping you looking natural – like yourself, but better.
If you’ve been contemplating rhinoplasty, but were wondering when the best time to get surgery might be, that time is now! Call Marotta Plastic Surgery Specialists today to schedule a consultation.