Skin care takes up a significant portion of many peoples lives, whether it's beauty routines, sun protection or anti-aging solutions. For men and women, taking care of their skin becomes a priorityas they age and wrinkles, sagging and sun spots become bigger concerns. To combat these effects and help people maintain their skins youthful vitality for longer, more dematologists are recommending people focus on their antioxidant intake.
Antioxidants received high praise in the media for their benefits in fighting free radicals and helping to reduce the risk of cancer. However, more people are discovering wide ranging health and beauty benefits from increasing their intake of these essential vitamins and minerals. Antioxidants like vitamin E help boost collagen production, while others like green tea extract help reduce cell damage and repair wrinkles, scars and blemishes.
Some of the top recommended antioxidants and antioxidant-rich foods for skin care include:
- Red fruits and vegetables – These include the antioxidant lycopene, which gives these foods their red color.
- Red wine – Red wine, as well as nuts and grapes, includes resveratrol. Wine should of course be drank in moderation.
- Green tea – Green tea extract has anti-inflammatory properties as well.
- Leafy green vegetables – Options like kale, swiss chard and spinach are rich in antioxidants.
- Salmon – Fish high in Omega 3 fatty acids also provide significant antioxidant boosts.
Antioxidants have even proven to be better than sunscreen in protecting the skin during the summer and reducing the risk of cancer, both taken internally or applied in lotions and ointments.
Of course, even high doses of antioxidants can't keep the effects of aging away forever. Those interested in eliminatingwrinkles and tightening up their skin immediately should contact Marotta Aesthetics Laser and consult with the best plastic surgeon on Long Island for all their beauty needs.