Happy Tuesday, MPSS Family!
This week I will explore the importance of LOOKING AHEAD.
As we continue to navigate these very unusual times, it may be difficult to look ahead into the future. There certainly has been a lot of change and many of the things that we loved to do, and may have even taken for granted, are no longer possible, either in the immediate or for an extended period of time. Looking ahead may bring about feelings of fear or uncertainty, largely because we have no clear answers. As a result, we may find ourselves looking backwards more than ahead, feeling sadness and grieving over what is missed, what cannot be, or what has been lost altogether.
Today, I’d like to turn your attention in a different direction. Instead of looking back, I invite you to look ahead. I encourage you to return to a world where it was ok to think into the future. It is so important, now more than ever, that we don’t give up on our dreams.
To help you, here are 16 REASONS WHY IT’S SO IMPORTANT TO FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS (written by Joel Brown – edited by me):
- The secret of living is giving. If you follow your dreams, then you will have something worth sharing with others: hope, inspiration and a meaning to life. And that, to me, is a great contribution.
- Chasing your dreams will develop your courage. Courage is the fuel to achieving amazing success in life. Follow your dreams and exercise courage. In time, you will be unstoppable.
- There’s a reason why, as kids, we loved magic and dreams. Stop chasing your dreams and you will forget how it feels to be hopeful and young.
- Great dreamers grow to be independent, learning that they can make a difference all by themselves.
- Dreams can distract you from the negative events in life. What is more important: your dreams or the drama? Drama seems obsolete when you are passionate about following your dreams.
- It gives you something to share and inspire your kids with. Lead by example that anything is possible when you put your mind to it.
- Through accomplishing your dreams, you will come to appreciate the experience of failure. Failure is just part of success. Failing really isn’t as bad when you consider what it’s worth in the end.
- Regret is a terrible thing and a dream is powerful enough to bring you regret if you don’t take the chance to at least follow it.
- You are never too old to dream. Age means nothing when we know what we want.
- You become an interesting person. You show others you have meaning, direction and purpose.
- The unknown of following your dreams may spark a little fear. This is okay because a little fear is known to make you feel more alive.
- It is fun proving the world wrong, so why would you follow the status quo?
- The more you chase and accomplish your dreams, the more the boundaries that the world puts in front of us fade and we learn that anything and everything is possible.
- When you accomplish your dream, you are the first to see it happen. You can share your accomplishments with the rest of the world, but you were there in the front row on a single chair to experience the magic as it unfolded.
- Your dreams have no limits. You are the creator of your dreams, big or small. When this is understood, you are able to design a way to favor your plan and accomplish your end goal.
- A dream is strong enough to define you. Once accomplished, you prove to others that they have no say in who you can and can’t be.
So my friends…what will go you back to dreaming about doing, accomplishing, knowing…today? Which of these 16 reasons resonated with you the most?
The world has changed, but it has NOT stopped. Start looking into the future again. Start dreaming.