Many plastic surgery patients desire to make a change in their appearance, but don't have the time to undergo an extensive invasive procedure. Other patients are not completely comfortable with the idea of being put under general anesthesia.
For these patients, there is more than one course of action. Many choose to instead undergo a minimally invasive procedure, such as injectables. Injectables are a non-surgical solution to minimizing some of the effects of the aging process.
One of the many injectables available at Marotta Plastic Surgery Specialists is Restylane.
Restylane is used to treat wrinkles, as well as enhance the lips, creating a more youthful, supple appearance. Made ofhyaluronic acid, which is found naturally within the joints and cartilage of the body, Restylane is capable of:
- Improving facial contours by filling in depressions or hollow areas.
- Minimizing fine lines around the mouth, also known as lipstick lines.
- Minimizing thenasolabial folds, the lines that extend from the corners of the nose to the corners of the mouth.
- Minimizing the meloloabial folds, the lines that extend from the corners of the mouth to the sides of the chin.
- Nonsurgical lower eyelid lift
As a soft, clear substance made of entirely biodegradable materials, it is most often used as a lip filler, a natural way to augment the lips.
The effects of this type of treatment last about 6 months, while at least 95 percent of patients retained correction 18 months later when the area had been retreated at five to nine months. Restylane is administered using a very fine needle for maximum effect and minimal pain.