Have you been wanting a certain procedure for a long time? Plastic surgery can boost self esteem and improve quality of life, so now might be the right time to take the leap. Surgery is a big decision, though, so ask yourself these questions to decide if you're ready:
- Am I doing this for me? If a procedure is what you truly want, then it will never be a mistake. Just make sure you're taking this step because you want it, and not to please anybody else.
- Am I healthy? It's important to be in a healthy place before undertaking a big physical change. Try eating well, exercising and giving up smoking.
- Am I honest with my doctor? It's crucial to have an honest and communicative relationship with your plastic surgeon before you commit to a procedure. Be sure you've told them about all your past medical conditions, allergies and health concerns.
- Am I ready to follow up? To get the best plastic surgery results you have to be willing to do some follow-up work like taking recovery time and adhering to post-procedure instructions issued by your doctor. It's best to have surgery during a time when you can relax afterward, and when you have low stress levels and someone to emotionally support you.
- Am I realistic? Although plastic surgery can do wonders for your looks and self-esteem, it's not a cure-all. It's important to have realistic expectations about what surgery will do for you.
So are you ready? Contact Dr. James Marotta if you're looking for a New York cosmetic surgeon who has had years of experience making patients' dreams come true!