As 2014 draws to a close, plastic surgeons everywhere arelooking ahead to what trends in facial plastic surgery will stay strong in 2015. Here are a few:
- Combination procedures: Doctors are realizing that combining two or more procedures in the same session can deliver better results, and we're likely to see more of this in the next year. Additionally, it's safer to undergoanesthesiaas few times as possible, so patients who are getting reconstructive nose surgery for health reasons might also want to take that opportunity to receive that cosmetic rhinoplasty as well.
- Selfies still trending: The selfie trend is expected to continue in 2015, meaning that everyone from teenagers to seniors are going to be more conscious of their looks. This is likely to translate into an increase in plastic surgery demand.
- Turning back the clock: People in their 70s are healthier than ever, and more are looking to non-invasive facial rejuvenation procedures to make them look as good as they feel. Blepharoplasty is predicted to become especially popular next year, since it delivers a refreshed and wide-awake appearance that is highly sought after.
- Fat grafting: Fat grafting processes will become more popular, which take unwanted fat from other areas of the body and use it for sculpting and firming in the face.
- Small changes: Many patients will be coming to doctors in the new year asking for minor changes to their appearance.
It's important to find a board certified facial plastic surgeon to handle your cosmetic needs. If you're interested in finding the best facial plastic surgeon on Long Island to handle your procedures in 2015, contact Dr. James Marottaand ask about whatoptionsmight be best for you.